Friday, May 13, 2011

My Attempt at Introducing Myself and My Blog: Here's the Beef


I’ve never been good at introducing myself. 

Listen.
I have this hobby. This hobby of mine doesn’t warrant heavy exercise, collecting obscure items, or hands on recreations of San Francisco’s  famous spots with toothpicks.  

My hobby is watching movies. I sit. I watch. But where others might think movies is just a form passing the time, they are much more for me. I marvel.  I question. I yearn. It's horrible. I share extremely close personal connections to certain movies that it's nauseating. My obsession with film is getting to the point where I almost can't carry on a normal conversation without referencing movies.

But it's not much of a hobby. Even though I love watching movies I can't help but escape the idea that I am just sitting for two hours staring at a bright television screen that is slowly but effectively ruining my eyes. 
This is where my blog comes in. 

After viewing a film, instead of keeping my thoughts to myself and obsessing over them, why not share my feelings on new films, and reiterate my love for the always returnable cherished ones. Shine the light on the overlooked, the misunderstood, and the experimental. 

Hopefully, by doing that I can feel a sense of redemption. Maybe I won't feel so guilty about molding the couch to form the shape of my butt. Maybe I can evolve my analytical skills through writing more about films. Maybe I can begin to write more better and maybe realize that "more better" is definitely not a good start. And maybe, what my ultimate goal is, just maybe I can reveal to others why film is so great and create more film lovers for the world.

So this is it. My redemption begins.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you keep this up, and I'm vaguely tempted to blatantly steal your idea.

    ReplyDelete